Teresa Moontyners – Development Finished

Today it is with great pleasure that I open this update post announcing the end of the adventure development.
Finally, after a couple of years of work, I can say that I managed to complete this challenge.
I must admit that tackling this work alone put me to the test, despite the fact that I had no time to respect.
As a first experience with the Unity engine, I think I managed to do reasonably well.
I’m sure that all the hours spent learning the mechanics and thinking about how to solve the problems that arose will come in handy in the future when I start working out the idea for the next video game.
Now having a foundation, I can work out an idea knowing what logic to follow to get results.
But now I’ll stop praising myself and continue with some details on the work done this month and some personal considerations.

The Official Game Final.

As mentioned in the previous posts, I spent a lot of time creating the cutscenes of the final, i.e. those clips that are so rewarding for the heroic player who manages to complete the adventure.
It works like this, when the final sequence begins, I block the possibility of interacting with the video game, which put more simply, means that the mouse pointer will disappear and with that the possibility of being able to do anything.
In this way, the player can sit back and enjoy the epilogue of the story as if it were a film.
The only command I leave active is the pressing of the ‘ESC’ key which will give the possibility to exit the game and return to the desktop.
I timed the final from the moment I interrupt the commands until the thank you screen and it’s about 15 minutes, and I can assure you that all this time will not just be dialogue, but different situations will alternate.
I thought and rethought about a final that would live up to the story being told, coming to the conclusion that the right idea was to mix moments of action with moments of reflection, and I think I did the right thing, even though I already know everything, when I happen to see the sequence again, I still get a few chills.

What to do now.

Well; now that the game is finished and everything seems to be working fine (bugs fixed, spelling errors corrected, and the like…) I’ve extrapolated the much-hated file containing all the text in the game, (putting this text online on a word-count site gives me about 24500 words) and now I’m going to tackle the translation issue this way:
I will try to arrive at a decent English translation by passing this file to someone who can do the job decently, it doesn’t have to be a perfect translation, but at least it has to respect the grammatical rules of the Anglo-Saxon language.
While for the other languages, I will see if I can get around with online translators and possibly the help of a few players, who in their spare time, will alert me to possible errors in their language.
Logically, in the game options menu, I will indicate next to the chosen language whether the translation is in a final version or in a provisional condition.

Personal considerations.

I really enjoyed having had the chance to try my hand at this development, being lucky enough to be able to translate your ideas into graphics and words and then see them work in the game is really rewarding for someone like me who grew up with video games, I’m also lucky enough to have a good imagination and this is very useful to be able to write quite original stories.
But as in all things to succeed in an endeavour, it takes perseverance and patience and fortunately I have managed to manage development time well with my daily life.
Teresa Moontyners, is a fantasy story that in its simplicity I hope will bring a moment of entertainment for those who want to play it, I don’t expect great results, because I already had the greatest success when I decided to dedicate myself to this project.

I thank you all for your attention, and while waiting for the translations to be finished, I’ll see you at the next update.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.